Topic detail page
Previous page
Showing posts 1 to 15 of 15
Flixton House 11.45pm 24/6/06
Topic posted by Travis ... dated:24 June 2006
Something has kicked off at Flixton House, Police, Ambulance etc. Police stood talking to bride of a function at Flixton house. Anyone got info. Anything to do with our low life who hang around our village I wonder?
Re: Flixton House 11.45pm 24/6/06
Reply posted by Graz ... dated:15 January 2019

Thanks for the update - I thought it was a long time. Coping stones aren't just for decoration, they help protect the brickwork. Expect a few blown bricks when we have frosts.

Reply posted by Dogsbody ... dated:11 January 2019

Graz, I believe the coping stones were stolen sometime in the summer.  I remember reading something on Friends of Flixton Gardens. 

Reply posted by Graz ... dated:07 January 2019

Is anything official happening with the coping stones on Flixton House wall or have they gone walkies?

Reply posted by Tom ... dated:04 July 2006
Reply posted by Travis. ... dated:04 July 2006
Well, suppose unfortunately I was right. These morons need sorting out for once and for all. Looks like you cannot attend a function without being attacked by the local pond life. OK let's make our next prediction. Person stabbed to death in Flixton by group of hooded scum. Now this is not being dramatic as it's happened several times this summer in the south so why not here. This is all so avoidable when you consider that the authorities are well aware of what has been going on, but the hooides are still allowed to hang around Flixton House and surrounding areas safe in the knowledge they are untouchable. We need a dispersal order and we need it now. In fact, lets change that to a zero tolerance curfew. I can see this turning nasty myself as I think we have all had enough of it. I for one am still waiting for a real rain to come and wash all the filth from the streets.
Reply posted by Norman ... dated:04 July 2006
Tom, just exactly what was the joke? It certainly wasn't racist. Correct me if I'm wrong but I understood it to mean that you were making light of genuine racism by the Police. I don't think any member of any ethnic minority group would have a problem with their skin colour being used as part of their description. What minority groups are concerned about is being automatically targeted because of their skin colour. What you are mocking is a serious issue, particularly as even the Chief Constable of GMP admits that his force is inherently racist. These type of jokes come straight from the Daily Mail comic book...."you're not even allowed to say "Black"pool anymore." Complete nonsense.

Crime is not directly related to ethnicity. It's predominantly related to poverty and the most deprived areas have a larger portion of minority groups so it's inevitable that a disproportionate amount of crime is committed by ethnic minority groups.
Reply posted by Graz ... dated:04 July 2006
I think Tom was having a laugh ;-)

Anyway, it's a pretty useless description isn't it? I could personally round up about 40 people matching that description from the roads surrounding me.
Reply posted by Steak ... dated:04 July 2006
Sam,
I think you missed the point here.
Reply posted by sam ... dated:04 July 2006
How can that be racist? It needs to describe the offender whether a person is black or white!
Reply posted by Tom ... dated:04 July 2006
Oh no, the report described the lad as 'White'!

Its racist, someone sue them!

;)
Reply posted by Steak ... dated:03 July 2006
Well the Police have been warned for long enough that this kind of thing would be the result. Maybe now the Chief Constable will listen to what we have all been trying to tell him for years. If they do not make a concerted effort to stop these thugs and I don't mean just for a couple of weeks they will have major problems because there is a limit to the amount of patience that the public have.
Chief Constable WAKE UP and smell the coffee BEFORE something more serious happens.
Reply posted by Onlooker ... dated:03 July 2006
Taken from the GMP website:

Appeals

Help Needed After Man Assaulted At Wedding Party (Trafford)

Police in Trafford are appealing for information after an 18-year-old man was assaulted with a metal bar in Flixton during a wedding party.

The incident happened at approximately 11.30pm on Saturday 24 June 2006 at Flixton House on Flixton Road.

A group of people who were at a wedding function went outside into the grounds, and became involved in a verbal argument with a group of local youths.

One of the youths produced a metal bar or piece of piping, and hit the 18-year-old man from Cheshire, on the head.

He suffered a small cut to the top of his head and needed treatment at Trafford General Hospital.

The incident is thought to have happened in the garden area, close to a monument. The group of youths ran off towards Flixton railway station after the assault.

The offender is described as white, 15 or 16 years old, of slim build, approximately 5ft 9in tall, and is thought to have been wearing a dark hooded top.

Anyone who witnessed any part of the incident or with any information is asked to contact police in Partington on 0161 856 7689 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Reply posted by Bob....... ... dated:25 June 2006
More like a traditional end! :(
Reply posted by TravisB ... dated:25 June 2006
I was informed by somebody who attended the function it was between the guests inside. A nice end to the bride's big day.
Previous pageTop of the page