Topic detail page
Previous page
Showing posts 1 to 7 of 7
Social Events for 50 plus
Topic posted by Janet ... dated:12 February 2008
Can anyone recommend Social groups in and around Manchester for the single 50+ age group to have a good night out and widen their social circle.
Re: Social Events for 50 plus
Reply posted by Divad ... dated:11 November 2017

The Urmston History Society use the Masonic Hall for its monthly meetings. Located on Westbourne Road. It is a group that follows history in general although it trys to offer presentations of local content throughout the year.
Reply posted by Divad ... dated:10 November 2017

It is to be found on the 'Events' page Dogsbody under Davyhulme for Dummies.

The Urmston History Society would welcome you, they meet the first Thursday of every month except in August for the summer break. It is in the evening always at 7-30pm. Membership is £10 for a year or £3 for a visit. The December event is for members only as it is the Christmas Party.
Reply posted by Dogsbody ... dated:10 November 2017
Divad - where can I find details of that event please?  Also, anyone on here know of any good evening social groups for single over 60's - most that I have found are in the day, and on the two days I still work.    Is there life in Urmston/Flixton/Davyhulme after 60?
Reply posted by Divad ... dated:08 November 2017

The social event posted for St. Mary's Tuesday 14th will be brought by the Mothers Union and not as specified the Women's Institute. Apologies for the error.
Reply posted by Janet ... dated:27 February 2008
Hi Claire

Thanks for this information. Is this the same group mentioned in the Stretford & Urmston Messenger about a fortnight ago ?
Reply posted by Claire ... dated:26 February 2008
Hi Janet
I run a brand new walking/social group for ladies which may be of some interest. It isn't just for 50+ or just singles but we have over 40 members. We are all ladies from 20s to 60s. Take a look at the website www.outdoorgirls.moonfruit.com for more details. Claire
Previous pageTop of the page