Topic detail page
Previous page
Showing posts 1 to 9 of 9
New York library reveals 1898 Urmston
Topic posted by MisterT ... dated:06 July 2012
I've come across a publication from 1898 on the American Libraries archive of all places on the history of Urmston, Flixton and Davyhulme. There's some interesting bits and pieces in there, has anybody seen this?
Re: New York library reveals 1898 Urmston
Reply posted by Divad ... dated:03 March 2017

It is a fair price, condition is everything. I have seen this book sell for around twice that but in a better quality.
Reply posted by Corrado ... dated:03 March 2017

I've just spotted an original 1898 hardback copy of this book for sale if anyone's interested.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/History-Flixton-Urmston-Davyhulme-Lawson-Richard/14986328896/bd

There are also reprint copies available, even an option to buy a new softback copy!

Reply posted by Evad ... dated:06 July 2012
MisterT. Thanks for the pointer to this superb information. It makes excellent reading. Well done my man.
Reply posted by JohnH ... dated:06 July 2012
It can be downloaded for free and I can only speak as a Mac user. On my iPad and clicking on the left hand options offers to load in iBooks and/or on my Kindle.
Reply posted by Divad ... dated:06 July 2012
This has been available for some time and is still a wonderful source for its local information. Richard Lawson lived in a house on Queens Road, it was called Rostherne.
Look out for another local writer, David Herbert Langton his book "A history of the parish of Flixton" is equally as good. David lived at Morningside on Irlam Road. The home today has been renamed as Durley.
Reply posted by Kilbaha ... dated:06 July 2012
Can this be downloaded for free and if so what is the best way to go about it (download to a PC)? Thanks.
Reply posted by Wehttam ... dated:06 July 2012
Wowzers, what a great read. Cracking find!
Reply posted by JohnH ... dated:06 July 2012
Great find, MisterT. I've downloaded it to my Kindle and what a fascinating read it is.
Previous pageTop of the page